Thursday, March 17, 2016

SOMEBODY'S DEAD IN THERE!

Out back of Johnny Enfinger’s house
His Daddy kept and old shed
Word was we should never go inside
Or we would find somebody dead

No one ever had to tell me twice
I was nearly scared to death
Just hearin’ him tell me to stay out
Dragged me down to my last breath

But, of course, someone took that dare
Thinkin’ there was nuthin’ to it
The Carmichael boys, Seth and Jake
Decided they would do it

The very next night they went out
And, found the old thing was locked
Seth went to the truck for a tool
Leaving Jake to face the shock

Jake peeked through a dirty window
And, shined his flashlight in
Human bones stacked up in short piles
Wiped his face from that grin

Seth came back but Jake wasn’t there
Folks heard Seth’s scream for miles
The flashlight’s beam from inside the shed
Held fast on a new bone pile










No comments:

Post a Comment